180 Gram Red Vinyl LP.
The UK’s love affair with American soul music blossomed in the mid 1960s, with the launch of the Tamla-Motown record label in Britain. But by the end of the decade this passion took on a distinctly homegrown twist with a new movement that grew out of the North of England and Midlands’ underground soul and R&B scene. It was here at dancehalls and clubs such as Manchester’s Twisted Wheel and the Wigan Casino that devotees danced the night away to up-tempo, joyous US soul records that always came with a heavy beat. Pretty soon the movement had a name: Northern Soul. This collection is the next best thing and it is all on vinyl, exactly how the movement’s fans originally heard them.
1. Gimme Little Sign ~ Brenton Wood
2. Another Dirty Deal ~ The Incredibles
3. So In Luv ~ Othello Robertson
4. I’m On My Way ~ Barbara Dane
5. A Little Spark Of Fire ~ Bruce Cloud
6. Meet Me At Midnight ~ Cindy Lynn & The In-Sounds
1. The Ice Man ~ Billy Watkins
2. Gonna Hang On In There Girl ~ Jesse Davis
3. One Love ~ Jimmy Lewis
4. Backfield In Motion ~ Mel & Tim
5. I’ve Arrived ~ Jewel Akens
6. The ‘In’ Crowd ~ Dobie Gray