Limited LP : Indies Exclusive Transparent Vinyl
LP : Black Vinyl
On Gong Gong Gong’s raucous debut, Phantom Rhythm, the minimalist Beijing duo created a drum- mer-less sound that was more than the sum of its parts, inspired by back-porch blues, Sahelian guitar mu- sic, New York no-wave, Cantonese lion dance percussion, and, seemingly most incongruously, techno.
With Phantom Rhythm Remixed, Gong Gong Gong bring to life a concept they’ve planned since the release of their acclaimed first album, curating their favorite China-connect- ed electronic music producers to remix Phantom Rhythm in its entirety. The globe-spanning collaboration features Yu Su (Vancouver/Kaifeng), Zaliva-D, Simon Frank, How- ie Lee (Beijing), Mong Tong, Scattered Purgatory (Taipei), Knopha (Xiamen), Wu Zhuoling (Chengdu), Angel Wei (Co- penhagen), and P.E. (Brooklyn). The LP traces a common thread, organically expanding the palette of Gong Gong Gong into ambient club tracks, thumping dance music, cinematic soundscapes, and doomy bit-crushed psych.
1. Ride Your Horse [P.E. Remix]
2. Inner Reaches III [Zaliva-D Remix]
3. Notes Underground [Mong Tong Remix]
4. Moonshadows [Simon Frank Remix]
5. The Last Note [Angel Wei Remix]
6. Sound of Love [Knopha Remix]
7. Gong Gong Gong Blues [Howie Lee Remix]
8. Some Kind of Demon [Yu Su Remix]
9. Hotpot (Chongqing) [Scattered Purgatory Remix]
10 Wei Wei Wei [Wu Zhuoling Remix]