• After his US R&B success with “Reach For It” (1977) and “Dukey Stick” (1978), MASTER OF THE GAME was jazz’n’funk pioneer George Duke’s fifth album for Epic Records, the follow up to “Follow The Rainbow”.
• A US Top 20 R&B and Top 200 pop charted album, MASTER OF THE GAME included the Top 30 R&B and club hit single ‘I Want You For Myself’ featuring vocalist Lynn Davis.
• The master keyboardist was the sole writer on eight tracks collaborating with famed percussionist Sheila E. on Games” and with guitarist David Myles, drummer Ricky Lawson and bassist Byron Miler – all featured players on the album – on the nine-minute-plus funk opus, “The Alien Challenges The Stick/The Alien Succumbs To The Macho Intergalactic Funkativity Of The Funkblasters.”
• Other key cuts on MASTER OF THE GAME – previously only originally available as a Japanese CD release – include the Latin-flavoured instrumental ‘Dog-Man’ and the EW&F-influenced cut ‘Every Little Step I Take.’
• This expanded edition includes US single edits of ‘I Want You For Myself’ and ‘Every Little Step I Take.’
• Notes by respected writer (and former Blues & Soul contributor) Jeff Lorez.
1. LOOK WHAT YOU FIND
2. EVERY LITTLE STEP I TAKE
4. I WANT YOU FOR MYSELF
5. IN THE DISTANCE
6. I LOVE YOU MORE
8. EVERYBODY’S TALKIN’
9. PT 1 – THE ALIEN CHALLENGES THE STICK
PT 2 – THE ALIEN SUCCUMBS TO THE MACHO
INTERGALACTIC FUNKATIVITY OF THE FUNK-BLASTERS
10. I WANT YOU FOR MYSELF (US Single edit)
11. EVERY LITTLE STEP I TAKE (US Single edit)