Exclusively on vinyl, The 60s Album brings together some of the biggest and most iconic names of the decade.
A value packed 37 tracks kick off with one of the greatest of all time ‘Good Vibrations’ from The Beach Boys, and continues with solid gold smash hits including ‘House Of The Rising Sun’, ‘The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore’, ‘You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’’, the timeless ‘In Dreams’ from Roy Orbison, ‘Blue Velvet’ from Bobby Vinton, and the epic ‘River Deep Mountain High’ by Ike & Tina Turner.
Side B begins with a 6-track salute to the soul female stars and groups of the era - The Supremes, Martha Reeves & The Vandellas, The Ronettes, The Crystals, The Shangri-Las and Lesley Gore are all here, alongside some easy listening from Andy Williams and Julie London, and the cool pop jazz of Astrid Gilberto and The Dave Brubeck Quartet.
The second LP begins with 6 of the most iconic U.S. tracks ever: Simon & Gafunkel’s ‘Mrs Robinson’, and Harry Nilsson’s ‘Everybody’s Talkin’ lead into the peerless ‘Witchita Lineman’ from Glen Campbell, the immaculate ‘California Dreamin’ from The Mamas & The Papas, Scott McKenzie’s ’San Francisco’, and Linda Ronstadt’s defining vocal as part of The Stone Poney’s on ‘Different Drum’. The side is rounded off with 3 of the most atmospheric pieces of music from the 60s… ’A Whiter Shade Of Pale’, ’Nights In White Satin’, and Fleetwood Mac’s stunning ‘Albatross’.
The final side offers up Aretha Franklin, Dionne Warwick, Ben E. King and Dusty Springfield as some of the best voices and most soulful performances ever, before some of the greatest pop from Petula Clark, Love Affair and ‘I Got You Babe’ from Sonny & Cher and then it’s left to two of the biggest names in music history to close the album - Bob Dylan, and the incredible ‘In The Ghetto’ from Elvis Presley.
37 of the greatest tracks and artists from an era-defining decade… The 60s Album.
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Small Faces - Itchycoo Park
- The Walker Brothers - The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Ike & Tina Turner - River Deep - Mountain High
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Roy Orbison - In Dreams
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- The Shangri-Las - Leader Of The Pack
- Lesley Gore - You Don't Own Me
- Julie London - Fly Me To The Moon
- Andy Williams - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Stan Getz, João Gilberto & Astrud Gilberto - The Girl From Ipanema
- Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five
- Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin'
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- The Mamas & The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair)
- The Stone Poneys ft. Linda Ronstadt - Different Drum
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Fleetwood Mac - Albatross
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- Aretha Franklin - I Say A Little Prayer
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- The Love Affair - Everlasting Love
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto