Originally released in December 1980, Stand In The Fire is a live album by Warren Zevon, recorded in August 1980 during a 5-day residency at The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California.
Capturing Zevon and his band at what was arguably their peak during one of their most iconic tours, which was referred to by Zevon as “The Dog Ate the Part We Didn’t Like Tour”, this 2LP on 180g black vinyl features music from their live set, as well as various bonus tracks, including the previously released tracks “Johnny Strikes Up The Band” and “Play It All Night Long”, as well as other tracks such as “Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School” and “The Sin”.
The album was received by critics positively with Mark Deming of AllMusic scoring the album 4/5 stars and calling Zevon a “gifted singer and songwriter” and states that Stand In The Fire “proves that… he can rock with the best of ‘em”.
- Stand In The Fire (2007 Remaster) [Live]
- Jeannie Needs A Shooter (2007 Remaster) [Live]
- Excitable Boy (2007 Remaster) [Live]
- Mohammed’s Radio (2007 Remaster) [Live]
- Werewolves of London (2007 Remaster) [Live]
- Lawyers, Guns and Money (2007 Remaster) [Live]
- The Sin (2007 Remaster) [Live]
- Poor, Poor Pitiful Me (2007 Remaster) [Live]
- I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead (2007 Remaster) [Live]
- Johnny Strikes Up The Band
- Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner
- Play It All Night Long
- Nighttime In The Switching Yard
- Gorilla, You’re a Desperado
- Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School
- The Sin
- Frank and Jesse James
- Hasten Down the Wind
- A Certain Girl