CD : Standard CD
London’s club scene in the late 1980s featured many diverse sounds much of which was not exactly commonplace to the punters and eventual collectors of the myriad sounds available at several Soho clubs.
The scene generated many LPs and most of these tracks, which were originally recorded between 1948 and 1962, were featured on these compilations many of which are now collectors’ items in their own right either as vinyl, CD or even cassette.
The collection features such club favourites as “Moanin’” by Art Blakey, “Wade in The Water” by Johnny Griffin and “Sack O’ Woe” by Ray Bryant. Other jazz stars presenting dancefloor fillers include, Chet Baker, Gene Ammons, Brother Jack McDuff and Baby Face Willette. Includes fully detailed liner notes.
- Moanin’ - Art Blakey And The Messengers
- Screamin’ - Jack Mcduff
- Mee-tin’ Here - Curtis Amy & Paul Bryant
- Somethin’ Strange - Baby Face Willette
- Camp Meetin’ - Sam Lazar
- I Ain’t Mad At You - Sam Lazar
- Cerveza - Boots Brown And His Blockbusters
- Summertime - James Moody
- Jazz Jump - King Pleasure
- Do It The Hard Way - Chet Baker
- Vera - Richard Evans Trio
- Sack O’ Woe - Ray Bryant Combo
- Blue Vibes - Johnny Lytle Trio
- Night In Tunisia - Buck Clarke Sound
- Wade In The Water - Johnny Griffin And The Big Soul-Band
- Jam For Boppers - Gene Ammons