• Lacy J. Dalton is one of the most under-rated singers in country music. With a voice closer to Bonnie Raitt than any other country vocalist, Lacy could be described as the female version of Waylon Jennings.
• “16th Avenue” was released in 1982. The title track, surprisingly, only reached No. 7 in the Billboard country charts. It has since been hailed as one of the all-time great country records and is the song most associated with Lacy J. The other track released as a single was ‘Slow Down’ which reached No. 13.
• “Takin’ It Easy” was released in 1981 and reached No. 12 in the Billboard country album charts and remained there for 39 weeks. The singles taken from the album were the title track which got to No. 2 and a double A-side of ‘Everybody Makes Mistakes/Wild Turkey’ which reached No. 5.
• Amazingly, Lacy only won one major award (Academy of Country Music’s Top New Female Vocalist in 1980) but awards mean nothing as those with ears will know. Here is one of the greatest, smoky-voiced honky tonk singers of all time.
• Both albums produced by Billy Sherrill.
1. 16th AVENUE
2. RAINED ON
3. BLUE-EYED BLUES
4. YOU CAN’T TAKE THE TEXAS OUT OF ME
5. ONE OF THE UNSATISFIED
8. SLOW DOWN
9. LOVE IT AWAY
10. IMAGINE THAT
TAKIN’ IT EASY
11. TAKIN’ IT EASY
12. EVERYBODY MAKES MISTAKES
13. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I NEEDED YOU
14. COME TO ME
15. COMES A TIME
16. WILD TURKEY
17. GOLDEN MEMORIES
18. LET ME IN THE FAST LANE
19. FEEDIN’ THE FIRE
20. SOMEBODY KILLED DEWEY JONES’ DAUGHTER