After years of mythology, misinterpretation and procrastination Nurse With Wound’s Steven Stapleton finally chooses Finders Keepers Records as the ideal collaborators to release “the right tracks” from his uber-legendary psych/prog/punk peculiarity shopping list known as The Nurse With Wound List, commencing with a French specific Volume One of this authentically titled Strain Crack Break series. Featuring some Finders Keepers’ regulars amongst galactic Gallic rarities (previously presumed to be imaginary red herrings) this deluxe double vinyl dossier demystifies
some of the essential French free jazz and Parisian prog inclusions from the alphabetical “dedication” inventory as printed the anti-bands 1979 industrial milestone debut.
Comprising of musique concrète, free jazz, Rock In Opposition, Zeuhl School space rock, macabre ballet music, lo-fi sci-fi, and classic horror literature inspired prog, this first volume of the series entitled Strain Crack And Break throws us in at the deep end, where the Seine meets the in-sane, introducing the space cadets that found Mars in Marseilles.
1. Jacques Thollot – Cécile
2. Philippe Besombes – La Plage
3. Igor Wakhévitch – Materia-Prima
4. Mahjun – Les Enfants Sauvages
5. Lard Free – Warinobaril
6. Etron Fou Leloublan – Le Désastreux Voyage Du Piteux Python
7. Jean Cohen-Solal – Captain Tarthopom
8. Z. N. R. – Solo Un Dia
9. Red Noise – Sarcelles C’est L’Avenir
10. Pierre Henry – Générique (Thème De Myriam)
11. Horrific Child – Freyeur
12. Dashiell Hedayat – Fille De L’Ombre
13. Jean Guérin – Triptik 2