South London collective Archive round off their 25th Anniversary celebrations with an album of remixes of August’s ‘Versions’, which was an album of reimagined versions of some of their best-loved songs.
‘Versions: Remixed’ features eleven superb remixes of these tracks by the likes of Darkstar, GLOK (aka Ride’s Andy Bell), Vessels, Richard Norris and many more.
Talking about ‘Versions: Remixed’, Archive founding member Darius Keeler says: “I’m always fascinated to see where other artists and producers take our music when they’re given free rein to bring their creativity to the project. The remix concept harks back to the very earliest origins of the band in the club scene of the early 90’s. But these aren’t club remixes, we wanted a remix album that reflects the mood of the original ‘Versions’ album - contemplative and atmospheric. I think all the remixers involved here have done a fantastic job, I thank them so much for their creative input, I really love the results!”
Produced by Archive and mixed by long-time collaborator Jerome Devoise, ‘Versions’ followed up 2019’s career spanning six-LP box set ‘25’ and accompanying tour, which saw the band play a mammoth 53 cities across 16 European countries, playing to sold-out crowds everywhere they went.
- Lights (Version) - Dark Star Remix
- Kid Corner (Version) - GLOK Remix
- Bright Lights (Version) - Vessels Remix
- Fuck U (Version) - Taroug Remix
- Erase (Version) - Hope Remix
- Again (Version) - Mount Alaska Remix
- Pills (Version) - Richard Norris Pills In Space Remix
- Nothing Else (Version) - Russian Linesman Remix
- Remains Of Nothing (Version) - BOKKA Remix
- End Of Our Days (Version) - Mount Alaska Remix
- The Empty Bottle (Version) - Archive Remix